Sunday 8 December 2013

Wrapped in Christmas

I couldn't decide what to call this mani. Christmas Sweater? Christmas Tribal? And the third and final option: Christmas Wrapping Paper.


I'm planning to post a tutorial next, I'm splitting this in two posts so they are not so long and picture heavy, you see.



I used Gabriella Salvete 148 white base, nail art brushes (yes, freehand) and acrylic paint, I'll get to this again with the tutorial.

as usual, I love when it matches
This mani took a lot of time to paint and I felt so sorry removing it after a week.


I guess it's really awesome, cause people I barely know (also, of course, people I know well) asked questions about the design, kept staring at it and were surprised I actually painted it, no wraps. Even guys were interested, that doesn't happen everyday! :D


One thing a couldn't resist was making this keep calm and poster thing.
I also took a picture with my favourite life-saver hand cream I use when my skin (cuticles, lips, nose, elbows, anything) gets super dry for some reason. It's concentrated Neutrogena.


Hey, that's it! I'm now going to work on that tutorial and on social media buttons for side bar.
Come back for the tuto! :) (Wednesday?)
NOTE: You can now find the tutorial here.

18 comments:

  1. Dokonalé! Neviem čo iné k tomu povedať! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful =) Very well done! I'm looking forward to seeing how you did it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ach, děkuji! (nedokonalosti se ztrácí v množství čar :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zara TracesOfPolish8 December 2013 at 14:55

    Beautiful! I love how you did both hands so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Honestly, I wasn't confident enough to try to paint a reindeer or snowflakes with my left hand so I had to make them unique :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful mani, I can't believe you did it on both hands, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much! I feel like I'm slowly becoming ambidexterous in nail art after all this painting with my left hand :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I am so in love with this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nechala jsi mě bez dechu, čumím na to jak puk, jak jsi šikovná! Fakt nádhera ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo, to je tedy kompliment! moc děkuji

    ReplyDelete
  11. galorious.blogspot.com10 December 2013 at 14:55

    omg wow, these nails are incredible! i found your blog through bloggerrs bootcamp, and im so glad you dd as your nail art and photographs are amazing! its so intricate and perfectly freehanded! the only criticism i have is the layout of the blog is a little bit boring, but im sure it you will improve it with experience!


    galorious
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right, at first I thought boring is good, it isn't overdone, disturbing, it's just simple... but I'm starting to feel I'd like it more dynamic, change is getting closer :D
    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya!

    I'm also here for the will paint nails for food blogger critique. Your picture really stood out for me from the rest! I'm really loving your blog, and find your tutorials page (and tutorials) great. You have a crazy amount of talent- I can't believe you free handed these!

    Anyway back to the 'critique'. I found your blog easy to navigate- as I said the tutorials link page is great and I love the idea of having an 'every posts products' page. The social media buttons (new I'm guessing?) are also good- I'm now following you on instagram yay!

    I really like your very creative pictures- I prefer them to the normal 'hand and polish' pose that everyone uses. I think maybe you could make them one size bigger (Large or extra large?) and it would be easier to look at all the amazing designs!!!! (I know you can click them to make them bigger but people are lazy!)...but it's no big deal haha, I was just trying to give some sort of feedback instead of gushing!



    Keep it up!
    Chandelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you very much for such a long contribution! To the photos, they are large and I'm afraid that making them extra large would make reading my blog on not so wide screens uncomfortable and the posts would get much longer, so with extra large pics I would have to switch to excrepts of posts on home page... but I'm not against it, actually I'm considering it for future, so, we'll see
    Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. well, give it a year of doing nail art and maybe there won't be this "never" anymore ;) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is BRILLIANT, no wonder people were interested, so destined and flawless.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.